Don't be swayed by the fancy smoothie bottles you see in shops! They are laden with sugar! Make your own! Super cheap and cheerful and you will know what EXACTLY goes in to it! Those innocent smoothies or Nestle green juices aren't as great as you might think!
I invested into the Nutribullet early last year and use it at least 5 times a week- and because I buy mostly in season fresh fruit and veg (usually from aldi or newbarn farm and also from my dads garden patch) - my savings now outweigh the cost of the actual bullet (which some people think is too expensive!)
I don't think the bullet is a glorified blender- it blends up Kale better then anything else I have used! And you can make more than just juices and smoothies in it- we have made homous, soups, frozen yoghurt, peanut butter and grounded seeds and oats in it! It's super versatile!
General rule with any of my juices and smoothies I make is the 50/50 rule! 50% leafy greens to 50% mixed fruit and veg! You can also add additional nutrients such as flaxseed, spirulina, oils, protein powders etc to pack in that extra health hit!
My top five juices/smoothies are;
1. The immune booster- spinach, beetroot, pineapple, apple, ginger, cup of water and one tbsp of flaxseed.
2. The antioxidant blaster- spinach, banana, mixed berries, acai/goja dried berries, cup of coconut water (unsweetened version) and mango.
3. The protein booster- banana, nuts or peanut/almond butter, optional protein powder (hemp) and one cup of almond milk. I'm not the biggest fan of protein powder and don't really agree in people using them if your not seriously training. You can get most of your protein from your food intake! But if you do use powders- read the labels! Some can be laden with chemicals!
4. The cold blaster- kale, carrot, pineapple, one tbsp of turmeric powder, ginseng, and cup of water! Turmeric is great when you have any inflammation! Try buy African origin Tumeric...and I promise you can't taste it!
5. The treat- we can't always be good, and sometimes we need to satisfy that sweet tooth! One banana, cup of milk, optional cheeky scoop of ice cream and handful of dates! Yummy!