Sunday 8 November 2015

Wedding Bells

No...I'm not engaged lol! Just a wee post on a (very!) short weekend away for my cousin Sabrina's nuptials to Mohammed in Morocco...I had the pleasure of celebrating Sabrina's & Mohammed's marriage at the start of October in Casablanca. 


(The bride & groom; Sabrina and Mohammed)


Weddings in Morocco are an experience...! A totally lavish affair, with plenty of food, music and costume changes! Yep- I did say costume changes! The bride wore 4 dresses that night!

Sabrina and Mohammed are both muslim, and in Morocco, alcohol is generally not served at weddings- so this isn't your typical wedding you might find in Ireland- but truth be told, I have always had more fun at a Moroccan wedding then an Irish one, primarily because of the lack of alcohol I think... (gaspppp!). Reception usually commences late in the evening, and the several course meal starts around 11.30pm- there is always a live band, several entertainers and the bride and groom arrive raised in the air on ornate chairs. The experience is un-real...I have posted a few photos below that feature my family (how stunning are my younger sisters?!)




(My three sisters and I and our male cousins; Omar, Amine and Mouad)


(Bride (Dress number 3!) & Groom)





(Sabrina arriving on a raised chair!)





(Dress number 4!)





(Me and my sisters with my Dad!)


Short but sweet, but such a fantastic night- I wish Sabrina and Mohammed a lifetime of happiness together!

On another note, I wore a Kaftan inspired dress (that had cute pastel horses over it!) by Lost Ink. 




They are a brand that feature on ASOS and actually found them through one of my favourite blogger/social media influencers- Lydia Elise Millen. She wore the dress for a wedding, featured it on her snapchat and I couldn't believe me eyes when I seen the price tag- utter bargain for a dress I know I can wear again at home! You can find the exact dress here (click the link)! 

Happy Shopping and hope everyone ha x


2 comments:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
     Bridesmaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular wedding ceremony. Each and every photograph made me smile. You have shared such an amazing post from your cousin’s wedding. My cousin is also tying the knot and will have a destination ceremony at one of the best New York wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete