Sunday 30 September 2012

Dining in Dublin...

Jamie's Italian...


A perfect night for me is good food, good booze (bubbly obviously) and a good atmosphere. Once this happens I am a happy bunny.  
Thursday night, myself and the bf tried out Jamie's Italian. It's only new in Dundrum shopping centre and after trying out Jamie's Italian in Westfield Shepherd's Bush, London and really enjoying it, we couldn't wait to try out this one.  My dad was a chef so I have grown up in an environment where food is the focal point of the day. It's really important to me that my food is fresh and tasty! 
Jamie's Italian in Shepherd's Bush was a great experience (all though there was a 40 minute wait....the bar within the restaurant kept us company).  The food was delicious, fresh and colourful- just like any Jamie Oliver programme. We really hoped the chain in Dundrum would be just as good.
On arrival (5pm...'Arthur's Day'...Late night shopping) the restaurant was moderately empty, so we got a table straight away. No bar menu indulgence for me! Boo! 
I ordered a Bellini and the bf ordered the non-alcoholic Ginger Mojito. Happy! Starters was the mixed meat platter, the bread selection and Italian Nachos (ravioli deep fried). Happy again! Mains were the seaside risotto and wild mushroom panzerotti . We had starter sizes, but still the main prices were reasonably priced. Desert for me was the ricotta cheesecake topped with a citrus treacle and the bf had an americano. I topped of with another glass of prosecco (naturally!).

It's only been open for just over a week so it still has a bit of ironing out to do, but it looks promising. The décor it typical Jamie style and the staff seem to know what there talking about! I'm going to try the restaurant out again in a few weeks at a busier time to see if it will become a firm favourite. Have you been yet? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment