Monday 25 November 2013

L & B Gift Guide 2013: Presents for the Parents

Parents are quite hard to buy for. Forget the stereotypical aftershave set for Dad and the candles and slipper set for Mam. Be Creative! Add something to the home they will value. Purchase a voucher/tickets for a night out/hotel stay. Buy a luxury item you know they would never purchase for themselves. Parents are always hinting (well at least mine are...) about something 'they wish...' or 'if only I had...' around the house- so be attentive. My parents are getting tickets to a show in NYC (I am thinking the Book of Mormon...)  and dinner in a lobster restaurant they have been excited to try having seen it on tv (don't worry- they are not tech savvy so would never read my blog lol!)   My top ten are a mixture of low cost goodies or luxury splurges- so whatever your budget...and if you really have no idea, fire away with one of these. Thank me later!

(Follow links to purchase gifts...)

1. Faux Fur Blanket by Zara Home
2. Tall Cake stand by Zara Home
3. Glenfiddich- different ages can be found at most off-licenses and supermarkets.
4. Roberts Radio- cute and colourful for Mum- House of Fraser!
5. Kitchen Aid mixer- I know my Dad would love one of these- but slightly out of my budget. They also look tres chic on the countertop in the home. Can be purchased in store in Brown Thomas or online at Selfridges.
6. Reservation for Nevin Maguire's Restaurant and stay at MacNean's House- a bit on the pricey side and fiercely difficult to get bookings- but the hospitality and food is outstanding and I loved it! Make bookings at MacNean House!
7. 'The Eagles' tickets in the O2- available on Ticketmaster!
8. His and Hers winter gloves. Too cute! Zara (Dad) and Topshop (Mam)
9. Textured Swing coat by Topshop for Mam!
10. Wool Herringbone blue marl coat by Topman for Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment