Sunday 2 August 2015

Summer Vacay Reads

I used to always have a book in my hand growing up. Libraries in my area in London were full to the brim of quality authors and titles- I guess I took it for granted. I would take 4-5 books out at a time and become engrossed in them. When I moved to Meath, we didn't have a local library, and the schools version of one, consisted of two shabby shelves that was supposed to cater a 1000+ student school. It was a disgrace. I then started to work more, and college took over and would only read when I was on a Summer holiday- and even then, travelling with Ryanair would mean I was so restricted on weight- that a heavy book was left behind in favour of another bikini!!!

I feel like I have lost a bit of my creativeness and imagination over the last few years, so I purchased four books from Amazon recently that I hope will fuel it back. Books allow you to get lost between the pages- and I'm quite looking forward to switching off from everything else around me.  I'm off work for the next five weeks (yey...joys of being a teacher!) and will bring two books each on the two holidays I am going on; Morocco with the family and Beijing/Dubai with friends. 




My Summer Vacay Reads;

'How to build a girl' by Caitlin Moran- a coming of age tell and a Sunday Times No.1 bestseller...I have heard good things about this book, so I am stoked to read it.

'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion- a love story.

'The Collected Dorothy Parker' by Dorothy Parker- a collection of short stories, poetry and reviews written by Ms Parker (who I am rather embarrassed to admit had never heard of...) who was referenced by one of my favourite blogger- Audrey Rogers of 'Be Frassy' in one of her Instagram posts and I done a little bit of research and this seemed like a good book as it has collection of a bit of everything!

'The Girl with all the Gifts' by M.R.Carey- a thriller.

What's your favourite genre? Any books that you would highly recommend? I sort of read everything so would love to hear some good suggestions?






No comments:

Post a Comment