Wednesday 19 September 2012

Is Autumn all about layers?

Post-summer wardrobe is always described as layering your pieces. I really really want to be able to achieve this look but always end up in a sweat about it....literally! As soon as I am out for five minutes, I break out in such a sweat that the jacket, scarf, jumper, and top are screaming to come off! 

I am not unfit or anything, but as soon as I'm out and about, I end up carrying half my wardrobe in my hands. So the key to my A/W wardrobe this year are pieces that are functional but also stylish.

Dublin is blessed with mostly downpours and we get about one/two months of moderately cold weather. It's not the Antarctic or anything, just always wet! The following are on my A/W list of must-haves; I tend to keep a palette of mostly dark colours with mixed fabric textures and a pop of colour in an accessory to funk it up. 

I tend to rock a fur/tweed combo, various layers and chunky boots (and obviously the obligatory bit of leopard). What are you most excited about rocking this A/W?


MY A/W MUST HAVES (AND A CHEEKY SPLURGE OR TWO)... 


Where to find: Alexy Platform Chelsea Boots (Topshop), Cable Jumper (Topshop), Mini Roller Hat (Topshop), Diego Cayanne Bag (Alexander Wang), Contrast sleeve army jacket (Topshop) nail varnish (essie) Arty Oval ring (YSL), nail varnish (essie), nail varnish (essie) USB Pyramid braclet (Juicy Couture), Wool coat with leather sleeves (Alexander Wang), Electric Blue bag (Celine), Basic velvet slipper (Zara), Wool blend mini dress (Alexander Wang), Sakouette flat leopard (Christian Louboutin), D-frame acetate sunglasses (Linda Farrow Luxe), Premium black fur cossack (Topshop), Galactic crystal tee (Topshop), MOTO black supersoft skinny leigh jeans (Topshop), Ladies Leopard print umbrella (Aspinal of London), Rockstud leather and calf hair gloves (Valentino), 'Yung Rupenzal' lipstick (MAC X Azealia Banks) , Liquid Eye liner (MAC), Studded Biker ankle boot (Zara), Knitted Brushed Mohair Jumper (Topshop), 3D skull bangle (Alexander Mcqueen)















No comments:

Post a Comment