Thursday 15 August 2013

Summer Holiday Essentials

We are not always blessed with the opportunity of flying with a luxury airline who give gracious amounts of travel weight allowance...sometimes, we have to endure the pain of flying budget with a not so gracious airline! And by pain, I mean v.limited weight allowance! In my case, Portugal was a spontaneous trip, so the only decent flight was with a low cost airline- and even with a check in bag bought, I am still only restricted to a 25kg allowance in total. This has made me totally rethink my packing scenario and really knuckle down to the essentials!  Here are mine;




1.Tangle Teezer- 

Literally the best invention ever! I tend to go for a fuss free look with my hair on holiday as the heat often sends any form of styling into a frizz ball! So I usually put a serum in it during the day(Moroccan oil is a life saver) and have it in a top knot for most of the day and this bad boy get rid of any tangles before I go out for the evening festivities. ASOS have an awesome range of colours which I totally recommend mixing up...

2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter balm-

With SPF 15, my lips are fully protected and moist for lazing by the pool. We tend to forget about our lips when applying sun cream and this is the perfect tool for it. I purchased mine at my local pharmacy.

3. Fedora-

Hats are a must have cover up for when your having a serious tan sesh- I can spend hours baking out in the sun- but my poor head hates it, so save yourself from sun stroke and rock a fashion forward fedora at the pool. There are a huge choice of hats to go for- but limited with luggage- I wanted one that could pair with several looks that I am planning to wear next week. Miss Guided, Zara and River Island all have a range of funky hats- but Topshop is where my grey one is from.

4. Sunnies-

When I am buy the pool, all I tend to do is read, read and read! Whether it's the latest glamour magazine or a gritty thriller, sitting by the pool with some material is my idea of pleasure! I will be wearing these Rayban Wayfarers but in the square version. They can be found at ASOS. I did however spy these bad boys from the Sunglasses Hut last time I was in the airport- I like the funky take on the classic aviator- so may have to do my best puppy dog eyes and get the bf to get them for me lol!

5. Reading Material and Music-

Obligatory Glamour Mag shot. I have been a Glamour reader for the last eight years and still have every issue ever bought- September's issue will definitely be coming with me. I also have my iPod to do some prep work for stage school.

6. Gold hoops and a printed Scarf-

To keep my hair in a top knot by the pool I often wrap a head scarf around as an alternative to wearing a hat. It adds plenty of colour but is also practical. And I will never go anywhere without my circa 2000 JLO hoops- I think more Chic Riviera as oppose to Ghetto Fabulous lol!

What are your holiday essentials you can't live without???


No comments:

Post a Comment